To Prepare for your Trip
To ensure your trip goes smoothly, please read these suggestions and, where indicated, follow these instructions:
- After you book a trip, please email me to confirm: firstname.lastname@example.org. This creates a paper trail to ensure your trip goes forward as planned.
- On the day before your scheduled trip, please call me (315-529-4204) to go over our meeting place, time of departure, and any questions or concerns you may have about the trip.
- On our scheduled day, we will meet at our previously discussed location and time (PLEASE BE ON TIME). From here we will board the boat. After a brief safety speech, we will be on our way to some great salmon or steelhead fishing.
- We will work hard on getting everyone into fish. We will always fish out our time, unless we reach the daily limit for king salmon. Once we limit out on kings, we will head in, take photos, get your catch filleted and enjoy our great success. We normally fish our time out for steelhead. Most anglers do not keep steelhead; if you decide to keep one, which is the limit, we will continue fishing until our day is done.
- You will want to bring a lunch and any snacks or beverages (no hard liquor), camera, sun/rain gear, warm layers, polarized sunglasses, waders & wading boots with or without studs, and a valid New York State fishing license.
- On the Salmon River, there are only a few places we can pull over for a rest area. Because of this, I ask that you use the rest rooms at the launch before we start our trip to maximize our time on the water.
- A deposit is required to hold your date. Deposits are nonrefundable.
Many thanks for your cooperation. See you on the River!
Capt. Mark Ledden